Monday, May 14, 2007

No Regrets?

Ya know, we like to say we have no regrets about things. If things turn out ok we don't regret as much or we just say God's will was done and move on. Do I have any regrets? Yes and no. I don't regret moving on to a new adventure but will I change my mind if it does not go according to plan? I remember when I left my first church. I left out of pride and arrogance. I wanted to see if I was good enough as a youth worker to duplicate the success in that church. If I had not been so rash and immature I would still be there today. But would that have been a good thing? You can hurt your brain going through scenerio's like that and regret can creep in and take up residence in your heart. I guess we could consider Joseph. Did he regret sharing his dream? Did he regret helping the butler in prison? Does the phrase "all's well that ends well" become the mantra for those concerned that the time/space continuum has been altered? All good questions and probably will never be answered but at the end of the day Joseph saved a nation. Not bad work for a kid with a dream.

PT

1 comment:

Alana said...

I guess mabye even if Joseph had regrets we can at least say he never seemed to weary in pursuit of his dream. Pretty impressive consistency, huh? Regret or no regrets.